- In collaboration with the CEO and in alignment with Anderson’s overall direction, establish annual fundraising goals, then partner with the development team to develop and implement strategies to achieve them.
- Support the operational fundraising efforts of the development team by identifying new and cultivating existing relationships with individual high-level major donors, community leaders, foundation representatives, and corporate leaders.
- Partner with the Director of Major and Planned Giving and the Director of Corporate Partnerships to ensure the strength and continual growth of Anderson’s major, planned, and corporate giving programs and that Anderson’s events are engaging and function as both fundraisers and friend-raisers.
- Expand Anderson’s reach through memberships in community service groups, attending community functions, and participating in leadership events as Anderson’s representative.
- In partnership with the CEO and campaign consultant, create a strategic plan for achieving the campaign fundraising goals. Be the public face of the campaign.
- In collaboration with the marketing department, CEO, Campaign Coordinator, and campaign consultant, create all necessary campaign materials, including the campaign brochure, appropriate webpage(s), depth chart, naming opportunities, etc.
- With the Campaign Coordinator, coordinate the efforts of the solicitation team, including the CEO, development staff, Board of Directors, and campaign volunteers, to ensure the successful implementation of the campaign strategy.
- A deep belief in Anderson Humane’s mission and unwavering commitment to creating and cultivating internal and external partnerships to achieve our strategic goals is critical.
- A college degree is not required but is preferred • Minimum of ten years of experience in nonprofit leadership.
- High-level coordination of public relations, event planning, major gift cultivation and solicitation, and volunteer engagement
- Minimum of ten years’ customer service and supervisory experience
- Proven public speaking and project management experience • Program development experience • Animal/natural environment experience helpful
- Capital campaign experience a plus
- Proven and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Belief in the importance of and commitment to a collaborative leadership style
- Knowledge of volunteer program coordination and event planning
- Confident and highly engaging public speaker
- Proven writing ability and ability to coordinate events/programs
- Proven skill in interacting with all age groups from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Proficient with computers and computer programs
- Interest in or knowledge of animal welfare-related issues
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations aimed at various age groups and from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to use sound judgment when dealing with volunteers, clients, animal-related concerns, and confidential information
- Must be at least 21 years of age (required for insurance purposes)
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License and insurable driving record
Please follow this link to apply: https://bit.ly/AH-Sr-Dir-Development
Exposure to animals; potential exposure to zoonotic diseases, animal bites and scratches; exposure to high noise levels when in kennels; work may be performed outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions.
Able to drive, stand, bend, squat, walk, and talk for up to eight hours a day; Able to lift up to 50 pounds with assistance; Able to work a flexible schedule with regular weekend and evening shifts. Must have the ability to input data, read computer screens and printed material, communicate effectively in-person, via phone, video conferencing and e-mail, and operate office equipment. Physical presence in the office is required for this position.
All volunteers and staff of Anderson Humane must understand and accept that, even though all reasonable accommodations are made to support our shelter animals’ physical and emotional health, there are situations in which animals must be euthanized.