You want to do something that matters and makes a difference, right? Well, you may be just one person to the world, but you’ll be the whole world to our animals.
Nothing rings truer than this statement at Anderson Humane. Our Animal Care Techs are everything to our dogs, cats, kittens, and puppies. While being a pup’s “everything” is a big job with a lot of responsibility, there is no better feeling than being greeted by wagging tails and happy dances. Trust us.
As if you need more reasons to apply:
- Unconditional love and acceptance, likely delivered via sloppy kisses.
- Since you’ll be an essential part of Anderson’s team providing our dogs with daily care, you’ll see their silliness and unique personalities emerge more every day.
- Our Techs start at $13 per hour with an immediate opportunity for a merit increase.
- We offer an Employee Adoption Discount because aren’t dogs like potato chips? You can’t have just one.
- We offer a 401(k)-retirement program, as retirement only seems like a lifetime away.
We understand life is busy, so our Techs work a flexible schedule, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Their shifts fall in the range of 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., seven days a week.
You’ll be part of our Animal Care team who:
- Provides our animals with living spaces, toys, and bedding that are clean and sanitized throughout the day.
- Ensures our dogs and pups flourish
- physically with multiple daily walks and exercise.
- mentally by engaging them with challenging toys, puzzles…and a lot of peanut butter.
- socially with doggie playgroups and just by hanging with them.
- Protects our animals’ health by administering vaccinations and medications when needed.
- Assists with training new volunteers, interns, and staff because many hands make light work!
While our dogs demand our attention, if you have a soft spot for cats and kittens, you may be asked to lend an occasional hand in our Cattery where there is no shortage of rumbly purrs and mischief!
What to expect:
- A loud and messy, but lively environment with animals of all sizes and characters
- To follow all safety protocols. We do work with animals, after all.
- A mix of indoor and outdoor activities on the daily
- To stay active; you’ll be walking, standing, and doing the occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs. with help)
Intrigued? Let’s talk if:
- You have experience in animal care, especially in a kennel setting (that’s not a dealbreaker).
- You’re pretty good at reading animal behavior.
- You always keep a cool head. Stress? Deadline? No problem! You get the job done and done well!
- You are happy working alone or being teamed up with others.