• Collaborate with communications team and other departments to ensure website is as updated as possible in accordance with upcoming events, initiatives, and programs.
• Make content updates in a timely manner and create/build new web content.
• Develop and implement digital advertising strategies in accordance with content calendar. Could include display advertising, email marketing, and SEO.
• Evaluate and track website and digital campaign performance. Suggest new ways to improve user experience.
• Stay current with best practices in website management, digital advertising, and analytics reporting.
• Attend any events or programs as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing/communications, web development and/or related fields.
• 1-2 years of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Non-profit experience preferred.
• Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office; email; and Google Suite
• Experience with WordPress and Google Analytics. The site uses the divvy plug-in to manage content.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• A collaborative style with the ability to work well with several different personality types simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self-starter.
• A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible considering changing priorities.
• A decision-making approach that evaluates options, resources and outcomes considering the organizational objectives.
Other: Must be at least 21 years of age (required for insurance purposes); Valid Illinois Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
Work Environment: Shared cubicle/office space possible; Exposure to animals; Potential exposure to zoonotic diseases, animal bites and scratches; Exposure to high noise levels when in kennels; Work may be performed outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions
Physical Activities: Able to drive, stand, bend, squat, walk, and talk for up to eight hours a day; Able to lift up to 50 pounds with assistance; Able to work a flexible schedule with regular weekend and evening shifts.
All volunteers and staff of Anderson Humane must understand and accept that, even though all reasonable accommodations are made to support the physical and emotional health of our shelter animals, there are situations in which animals must be euthanized.