• Create high-quality video and graphic concepts that move the organization forward.
• Coordinate the timeline and staffing needs for all video and design content (i.e.: Promotional videos, interviews, event recaps)
• Create and manage the weekly creative project calendar
• Produce video content (spotlights, interviews, etc.)
• Design and layout for printed materials (brochures, ads, etc.)
• Take photos
• Lead all editing and post-production (including motion graphics, sound design, and animation) on all videos
• Manage any design or video freelancers
• Assist in live-streamed productions
• Create and/or maintain a folder of company-wide graphic/video pieces
• Manages all audio/video production equipment
• Attend any events or programs as necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in video or graphic design communications and/or related fields. An advanced degree in design, writing and/or business is preferred
• Five or more years of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Non-profit and/or ad agency experience preferred
• Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office; email; and Microsoft/Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop)
• Photography and Video editing skills are a must
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• A collaborative style with the ability to work well with several different personality types simultaneously
• Demonstrate trustworthiness with internal teams and be able to handle confidential information appropriately
• Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self-starter
• A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible considering changing priorities
• A decision-making approach that evaluates options, resources and outcomes considering the organizational objectives
Other: Must be at least 21 years of age (required for insurance purposes); Valid Illinois Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
Work Environment: Shared cubicle/office space possible; Exposure to animals; Potential exposure to zoonotic diseases, animal bites and scratches; Exposure to high noise levels when in kennels; Work may be performed outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions
Physical Activities: Able to drive, stand, bend, squat, walk, and talk for up to eight hours a day; Able to lift up to 50 pounds with assistance; Able to work a flexible schedule with regular weekend and evening shifts.
All volunteers and staff of Anderson Humane must understand and accept that, even though all reasonable accommodations are made to support the physical and emotional health of our shelter animals, there are situations in which animals must be euthanized.