- Transport animals safely from our partner shelters to Anderson Humane.
- Able to conduct a safety inspection on the vehicle and assist in the set up of animal carriers.
- Driving a large van/truck for extended time-frames.
- Ensuring the health, safety, and comfort of animals being transported.
- Being a defensive and courteous driver.
- Following posted speed limits and other traffic laws.
- Unload and clean vehicle according to Anderson Humane guidelines to prevent cross-contamination.
- Excellent driving record for at least five years
- Must be at least 21 years old (for insurance purposes)
- Comfortable driving long shifts and operating large vehicles in all weather conditions
- Learn and consistently practice fear-free handling of animals
- Outgoing and friendly manner with good verbal and written communication skills
- $16-$18 an hour
- 401(k) program with up to 4% matching
- Employee Adoption Discount
All Employees, staff, interns and volunteers are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or provide a valid exemption.
Exposure to animals and high noise levels; potential exposure to zoonotic diseases, animal bites, and scratches. Work may be performed outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions
Ability to drive, talk, and remain in a sitting position for up to eight hours; climb in and out of a large vehicle repeatedly; lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
All volunteers and staff of Anderson Humane must understand and accept that, even though all reasonable accommodations are made to support our shelter animals’ physical and emotional health, there are situations in which animals must be euthanized.